Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Estoy seguro en Cajamarca!

Just wanted to write a quick post that I am safe in Cajamarca. We got here a couple of days ago and already I met my host dad, some government officials, a lawyer, etc. In a few hours I´ll be traveling to my site in Cajabamba approximately 3-4 hours away to meet the rest of my host family, see my house for the next two years, etc. I´ll post pictures as soon as I can.

Already I have some ideas of how I want to live my life here. It´s funny, in the states, you simply get a job. But, here, you have to find projects and work that will define your life for the next two years. It´s a lot of pressure, because there´s a lot that I want to get out of this experience. If yáll have any ideas, let me know!

But in the meantime, thanks for all your good wishes. I have received so many e'mails that have uplifted me on my days of homesickness. :) It really helps a lot. And, Amy, I do take time to read your comments as well. Thanks, guys! I wish you all the best in the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment