Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mi nueva familia anfitriona

A picture of me with my new host family. The father is the director of education, the mother is a professor, and my host brother is 14 years old and really adorable. They were very kind and warm to me when I stayed there last week.

Still, I will really miss the old family. In truth, if I had a choice, I probably wouldn´t leave. Old host dad made a really touching speech that I will always be his daughter here in Peru and Yanacoto will always be my home. :, ( ¡Que triste!

Anyways, I also posted a pic of the new room below. This is the before-photo and I will post the after-photo after I get done with the makeover.

1 comment:

  1. Aw - so nice! I love the photos of the town!! And frankly, I don't know that you look any worse, despite the lack of makeup, etc.

    I think it's very different that you're having to choose your own adventure in Peace Corp. It's probably nice that you're not right out of college, and you've had some perspective on being an adult to make a lot of your Peace Corp experience. So - you're going to tell us what you're going to be doing, right?

    Your PC experience makes me think it might be fun to host an exchange student. But then again - the exchange student would probably think I live in a pigsty!

    We were over at your father's house and your sister was really excited about showing everyone her pictures. You know how she gets - and you kinda lose your mind because you don't care to see every single picture of her putting her make up on, etc. And you know how your father will comments like, "Well, better move it along before we all fall asleep." I hope she knows that we all mean well!!

    It's been a nice summer around here - Mark and I were camping last weekend. We had a nice time in the mountains. We fished in a lake that was SO clear we could see to the bottom, and we could literally see fish swim *near* my lure, but no bites this past weekend. Sad.

    Guess where I'm going this weekend - Hawaii!! I'll be there for about ten days. I've never been there before. I'm going to be in Kauai. Yay! So if you don't hear from me for a few days, it's not because I'm not thinking of you. Just that I wil not be near a computer.

    So - what are you going to be doing? Are you working with kids, students, adults, sanitation?

    All right - have a nice few days. I love the photos!!

    Your sister

    ReplyDelete