Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mas fotografias...

So here are a few more pics from our graduation (see blog below). The first one is while a few of us are on the bus getting ready to leave for the night to Lima.

The final two is with my "old" host family that I am leaving behind-- my parents and my sister. It has been an incredible host family experience. I can't say enough good things about them. My family made me their United States daughter and told me that I should never hesitate to come "home" whenever I'm in Lima. They even invited me back for my birthday and Christmas. (I have yet to figure out how to break the news to my new host family that I will be spending Christmas with my old family instead.)

My host mom came to my graduation even though she wasn't feeling well and just went to the emergency room two days ago and my host dad even shed a few tears when I left. (This is big news because Peruvian men aren't supposed to cry.) It's amazing how much we bonded in such a short amount of time. I will definitely miss my Peruvian Yanacoto family!



2 comments:

  1. Hello!! Looks like you're doing well!! As always, I am enjoying your photos a great deal! Glad you made such a warm impression on your host family! That's so wonderful! And you're being an excellent ambassador of the USA! Don't know if that's something you think about, being an ambassador and all.

    i am guessing you're either in Lima now or are on your way to the new locale. Safe and happy travels.

    Your sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it's really funny. They tell us we're observed all the time...and I believe it being foreigners and all. This is why I have refrained from picking my nose, picking out wedgies, coughing/sneezing when I can help it (due to the H1N1 scare) when out in public.

    ReplyDelete