Monday, August 17, 2009

Comida de los Estados Unidos!

Can I just spend the last 2 minutes of my internet time to blog about the fact that I miss food so much in the states! Of course I miss you guys, too, (DURR!) but there are food that I just can´t get here and I find myself constantly thinking about food. Sometimes I even dream about food and I wake up hungry!! For example, there is this bomb Mexican restaurant by my house called Las Delicias, Beau Jo´s pizza, gyros, Sara Lee 45 Calorie and Delightful Honey Wheat Bread with sugar free jam, corn flakes, sushi, my dad´s Peking Duck, my dad´s fried rice, my dad´s hot and sour soup (really, all of my dad´s cooking), Johnson´s Corner cinnamon rolls, vegetarian chili from this vegetarian restaurant in Laramie, WY, Hostess 100 calorie snack cake packs...

Oh crap! Time´s up...

3 comments:

  1. You are so funny! You are listing the foods like you are on a diet. Now we know what to get for you for the holidays. How funny, I was thinking of taking our father to New Panda Buffet at 44th and Wadsworth. You remember, we took Beanbean's friend Jesse there one time and Jesse ate so much he almost puke in the car. We had to hold a baseball cap in front of him. Anyways, they have lobster on Sat. and Sun.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW - now that you don't have these foods, you can challenge yourself to making some of these foods! As for wheat bread and cinnamon rolls, well, I think bread making is a simple joy! And instead of us sending you a loaf overseas (and by then, it most likely won't be good), you can make a loaf of bread yourself! What do you think about that?

    I would bet that you can get the ingredients for hot & sour soup, fried rice, chili, maybe Mexican food where you are. and carrot cake, too! Maybe during this time with your new family and living situation, in addition to a book exchange, you can start a recipe and food exchange with your new host family! No doubt they will be VERY interested in how we eat in the USA! And it'll make you feel good, too!

    Take care. Your blog posts always sound so filled with good will, and the only tangible signs that you're missing home is with the food. That's funny.

    Your sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTH, damn sisters, are you trying to torture me? How can you taunt me with lobster and all you can eat buffet??! Not that I don't have great food here, but I have no oven and limited resources. I don't have chili powder or bamboo shoots or mushrooms or cream cheese here in my new site. As such, it's not the same and being that I won't be home for the holidays, I won't get our dad's peking duck for a very long time. Damn you, sisters, please pig out for me.

    ReplyDelete