Sunday, August 23, 2009

Habia una graduacion...y horita, somos verdaderos voluntarios!

We graduated from our Peace Corps training on Friday, and now, we are true Peace Corps volunteers! The pictures you are seeing are from the graduation ceremony. A represenetative from the American Embassy was there (along with his secret service men...Very cool!)

We then all stayed the night in Lima on Friday to celebrate. Currently, I'm in capital city Cajamarca again and will leave for my actual site probably tomorrow. It's weird to be apart from the other volunteers. We have been together everyday for the last 2 1/2 months. In that time, I have made some amazing friendships. We experienced a lot together...learning to speak Spanish together, adjusts to Peru together, and they were definitely my comfort whenever I felt homesick or sad.

I'm sad that my friends will not be there anymore, but I'm excited to embark on my Peace Corps journey by myself. I'll be curious to see how I change in these next two years. Even only after 2 months, I can't imagine not being a better person after this. Thank you so much for all your support and encouraging messages. It means the world, er I mean, Peru.










1 comment:

  1. Aw - you're all smiles during the ceremony! So in your new location, you won't have any other peace corp voluntarios? Just yourself?

    And yes, I am excited to hear all about your new locale!

    ReplyDelete