Friday, July 23, 2010

Mi corazon esta sonriendo

I have a prolapsed heart valve, which is the reason for my mild heart murmur. It is nothing really. It just means that while everyone´s heart valve is shaped slightly like a frown, mine is shaped like a smile. :) (Or, wait, maybe it´s the other way around. Maybe mine is the one frowning...?? Anyways, I would like to think that my heart is smiling at the world.)

I was very relieved at the good diagnosis. On my way to the doctor´s office, I saw a body of a man who had just been hit by a car and I was afraid that it was a bad omen. Peru leads as one of the countries with the most pedestrian deaths so although I had seen something like that a couple of times before, it´s still disturbing to me.

And, after three months, I finally told my remaining family members about my accident. My dad took it surprisingly well, but my aunt not so much. She´s sad about what I´ve endured, even though I reassured her that I´m fine. She really wants to send me something. I know that it would make her feel better, but I have been racking my brain for days and I can´t think of a single thing. I think this is a sign of how spoiled I am and how generous everybody´s been.

No comments:

Post a Comment