Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Medico

Since we´ve been here a year now, it is time for us to complete our full physical exams. I´m waiting for my other tests to come back, but so far, here´s I fare:

* 1 cavity (Ugh, so frustrating, since I brush everyday when I have water!)
* lost 5 pounds (Third world country diet works, I´m telling you all, no need to spend money at the gym or those low calorie gourmet meals.)
* 1 benign mole (Whew! That one worried me a bit, because of how strong the sun is up in the sierra.)
* Mild heart murmur (This is weird to me. Heart problems are reserved for old people...Not young, cute, and energetic me! :( I´m getting it checked out with a cardiologist probably sometime this week, but I´m pretty sure that it´s nothing.)

Our Peace Corps medical plan is generous to say the least: all of our medical exams: free, prescriptions: free, medical labs/tests: free, surgery (only non-cosmetic though...damn): free. I think the only people who can top that might be the Obama´s.

Anyways, I´ve been swimming a few times as a mean to improve my arm coordination and, lately, my food addiction has been to ¨sangrecito,¨ ie, chicken blood that has been made to clumps of ¨meat.¨ I know it sounds gross (and if you think about it, it is!), but it makes me feel one step closer to Team Edward. Yep, it seriously does. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment