Thursday, July 29, 2010

Eclipse


¨Eclipse¨...totally, completely awesome! Katie is in love, everyone. I posted a picture of my husband. Ok, enough insanity.

Today was kind of a hard day. I went back to the site of my accident. Until today, I had not been back since my accident 4 months ago. It took a lot to force myself to go. I went because I wanted to prove to myself that I can do anything and all that hoopla and also to see my former host family. My host dad stayed with me after I had fallen that day and he deserved to know that I am okay.

It was great seeing my host family again but it took a lot of hyperventilating to get up that hill. At one point, I just froze because I was so scared. (Not that bad ass after all.) :( Oh well, I did revisit that infamous patio again, saw the dent that I made on the roof, and gave an I'm-so-sorry-that-I-fell-into-your-property-after-being-attacked-by-a-group-of-dogs gift to the family. (Because, you know, good manners and etiquette should be followed in all situations.)

After the visit, I just felt so exhausted and emotionally drained. So as an expensive pick-me-up gift to myself (regular theater outings really aren´t within the Peace Corps budget), I decided to go see my movie. I feel so much better and lest you forget, I´m in love. :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment