Monday, June 29, 2009

My Monday

So today was some Catholic holiday of San Pedro or another. Anyways, what´s really important is that I got the day off from training! Yippee! So I decided to walk along the highway for a mile or so to a pool that I see everyday while riding the Peruvian bus. (I wanted to see if they also had an indoor pool for me to do lap swim, but no such luck.)

Instead, what I encountered walking back was a vicious dog on the side of the highway who was ready to bite off my leg. (Dogs here are really vicious and everywhere. The only way you can fend them off is by throwing rocks at them.) Unfortunately, I didn´t have any rocks on me and the ground was littered with only pebbles. So I started to feign throwing rocks at the dog hoping that it would go away. No such luck. The damn dog would make the motion of dodging the non'existant rock and then growl more angrily. Just when I thought I was doomed to be attacked by some stupid dog on the side of the highway, a person saw what was happening and came to my rescue. Whew! Boy, I bet I looked so stupid...some short little Asian girl throwing imaginary rocks at a growling dog on the side of the highway.

But the real stupid part was that instead of walking the Peruvian highway which is littered with a mess of speeding cars, I could have just ridden the bus for .50 soles (ie .17 US cents). The stupid things that I try to scrooge on in order to save money.

Hope your Monday was less adventurous! Aye...

No comments:

Post a Comment