Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I'm in DC!

Hi, guys, I just wanted to let you know that I made it to DC. I had to say some very early good byes this morning as my flight departed at 7:30 a.m. My father actually woke up at 5:00 a.m. to say good bye to me at the front door. Even though he never admits to being worried about me, I think he was this time. Usually, we just tell each other good-bye and that's about it. This time, he stuck his head out the front door and kept waving until our car left...even though it was raining pretty crappily out. :( Then, I said good-bye to my BFF, Willie, and shed a few more tears. (Not too many though, because I am still hardcore. And, no, Wendy, Willie is still my BFF only...not my "Booty Call." Please, Josh, spade Wendy soon before it becomes too late for all of us.)

Anyways, today was a pretty busy day. Because I got in kind of late, I was only able to fit in the art and space center at the Smithsonian. Then, I took a walking tour of the monuments and memorials. The tour guide was very good...very knowledgeable. Tomorrow, I have an appointment to tour the Capitol. I'll then visit the visitor's center at the White House (keep your fingers crossed that I might run into Obama if he gets back from Saudi Arabia early), mosey onto Chinatown, history museum at the Smithsonian, Farmer's Market, and wherever else my short little legs can carry me.

Three more days until I'm in Peru. Still scared (but not too much because I'm fierce!). Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Do you mean "spay her" as in make her infertile, or "spade her" as in hit her with a garden tool? (You know, like when you "knife" somebody in the mean streets of Thornton.) You're silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, ha ha ha. English my second language...Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete