Wednesday, June 17, 2009

..And more pics...

This is my home. My host family runs a preschool so the bottom left part is actually my room and the room strictly above it (the room that´s boarded up) is actually where my host family of five lives. I know, I am very spoiled. My room is equal the size of their ¨home¨ for a family of five. I feel awful that they are so crammed while I have so much room. The other rooms you see are used for their classrooms.

For meals/tea time/socialization, I join my family upstairs. They are always eager to go over my day with me. One day, I even taught them about the 7 types of poo that one can have. (Yep, they teach us this stuff in Peace Corps training! Sorry, your tax money well spent!)

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were so close to the school! If you're bored one day and want more interaction with local children - tell them this: You're Chinese and you know kung fu, and Bruce Lee is your uncle. Before you know it, the kids will be asking you for kung fu lessons! Yes, really! And if you don't know kung fu, it's ok. Share yoga moves and stereotypical kung fu-esque moves with them! The kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete