Sunday, July 5, 2009

Celebration after the 4th...











What better way to start the day (after a night of partying) then to hike all the way up the mountains in Yanacoto to search of hieroglyphics?? While this may sound and look very glamourous (hence, no shots of myself), I must confess that I almost died!! It was, like, two hours of climbing! And for someone who is devastatingly out of shape, again, I almost DIED! Anyways, Yanacoto has a very rich history and there are often tour groups who take this grueling hike just to see what I saw today. And if my Spanish was better, I´d be explaining to you what this rich history is. But since my Spanish is still very basic, well, just enjoy the pictures!


PS In one photo, we are pointing to some ancient pottery. But, then of course, since my Spanish is still so bad, I might be pointing to some ancient beer bottles from last weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment