Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bella y la Bestia

I went to the girl´s school today and showed them the movie ¨Beauty and the Beast.¨ Only two scenes garnered the most attention: Belle walking down in her yellow dress (Who doesn´t love that scene?!) and the banquet scene when all the food was displayed. There were audible gasps. :) Guess I´m not the only starving one in this town.

In other updates, my soup kitchen project is currently being presented to a local Congresswoman here. After presenting it to an agency called CARE in my capital city, they were unable to help us in donations but agreed to present it to the Congresswoman on our behalf. Next week, I sit in on a governmental meeting in my municipality as they decide on what to donate. Ugh. All these meetings make me feel like I have to pee all the time...so nerve wrecking.

Last bit of news and this one is in regards to Mr. Hand. When I was in Lima, my doctor told me that the nerves in my arm are damaged. Sad face x 3. Mr. Hand has to continue in physical therapy (still) and a new regimen of medications. I can´t wait until all this is behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment