Thursday, September 23, 2010

Un Artista


The picture shown is done by one of my elementary students who won first place in the town´s annual drawing contest. And then instead of keeping it or saving it for his family, he gifted it to me yesterday. I was so touched. It´s now hanging up on my wall. The drawing represents my town well...people drinking, dancing, and buying beer in our town square. :)

Besides letting you all know how appreciated I am here, I also want to share a ¨how to be cool 101 tip by Katie´s dad.¨ (Because I don´t think you´re ever too old to take cool tips from your father.) Anyways, while he was visiting, one day he was happy and said in his heavy Chinese accent, ¨Give me five!¨ Once I did so, he switched it up to the ¨knucks¨ (where two people touch knuckles instead of shaking hands). I thought that was rather cool so I have been using it in my class. (And look what it got me...a free painting!) All I am saying is that next time if you want free stuff, remember the ¨knucks.¨ And then you can thank my dad for his free tips on how to be cool. Happy freebie hunting and happy face x 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment