Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mototaxis


In my town, we don't have cars. It's small enough where we can walk everywhere. However, we do have moto-taxis that are a concoction of a motorcycle with an attached seat and hatch in the back (like a motorized carriage). Usually, they're good if you have a large load to carry or the wealthy can afford to ride on them daily instead of walking. (We poors resort to walking.)

Anyways, a funny thing has been happening to me more lately. I've gotten to know more town people just by the fact that I've been in my site for almost 6 months now. So, lately while on my hikes, the mototaxi drivers have sometimes stopped to offer me a ride home (not realizing that I'm walking for fun, because no one here does that). So what can I do but get into the moto and go back home? Today, I hiked for 30 minutes before I was returned home. Oh well, try again tomorrow... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment