Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Yo, dim sum, y Lima

Back from Lima, the land of dim sum, sushi, middle eastern food, soft serve ice-cream, and junk food! The dim sum wasn't as good as the states or China, but it still felt like a bit of home.

I had sushi one night with one of my previous Peace Corps trainer whom I haven't seen in a while. Sadly, she told me that I have gone "campo"--like a country mouse in the city.

But besides all the fun, I did manage to squeeze some work in. I stayed up 'til about 3 or 4 working each morning, so that on the last day, I got the chance to go to the zoo. I definitely think that the animals in the states are better taken care of. But there were lots of lamas and water buffaloes that you normally don't see at the US zoos. The funniest part was that there were vending machines located all over the zoo. I think some of the Peruvians were more fascinated with the machines than with the animals.

P.S. Doesn't this picture of dim sum make your mouth water? Peruvian dim sum is not as fancy, but I already told my aunt that our family has a dim sum date with me the day that I get back.

1 comment:

  1. Hola Katie!!tengo una pregunta: puede una peruana pertencer al cuerpode Paz??porque yo quiero!!Gracias!! este es mi mail: melissa.jmrg@gmail.com
    Cuidate!!

    ReplyDelete