Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Una otra apuesto

Tomorrow is the day. It is my opinion that some Peruvians are rather underdeveloped muscle-wise due to malnutrition and such. As such, my gym teacher is convinced that no one in the states actually bench presses half their body weight. We had a long discussion about this, because he himself, benches about 50 pounds.

While I know that I cannot bench 1/2 my body weight, I think I can now bench the bar at 25 pounds. (I'm not certain, because I've actually never been able to do it before...Never said I was Arnold, y'all.) So we made a bet. We're going to another gym tomorrow to test out the theory. If a girl of my puny stature can bench 25 pounds, he's going to put in a bench press at the gym so I can build more Arnold muscles. (Cement and metal bar, homemade, mind you, but we are in Peru after all.) If I lose, to the kitchen I go to bake chocolate chip cookies tomorrow...

I'm pumping my cement filled water bottles as we speak to get ready... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment