Friday, February 5, 2010

Un dia genial, fabuloso...Totalmente, definitivamente perfecto!!!

I love Lima. I just wanted you guys to know that I arrived safely this morning. After dropping my stuff off at this amazingly gorgeous hostel (bed bugs free!!!!), I hit downtown Lima, browsed 2 museums (felt very smart and artistic while walking around with my serious/constipated face); bought 7 packs of beef jerky in Chinatown (OMG!!! I finally found Chinese beef jerky in this one and only store in Chinatown that had it...and trust me, I combed through them all...twice); had dim sum after that; and ate ice cream and junk food all day long!!! Did I mention that I had a fabulous day!!?

The only thing that was weird was being back in the city again. Every time I come into Lima, things feel more and more foreign. I love being here, but there are so many people and so many cars! Was I ever used to the traffic and the honking and the people rushing by all around me in the states? My heart was racing!!! In fact, sheeps that passed by me today...0, bulls dodged today...0, cars that almost ran me over today...a freakin´ million! In Cajabamba, we hardly have cars! Because it´s a small town, we just walk everywhere and our ¨mototaxis¨ (motorcycles that we made into a carriage) go only like 10 mph so there´s nothing to dodge.

Ok, so you guys can have a laugh (and because my blog entries just wouldn´t be complete without an embarrassing story), I´ll admit that I did an awesome faceplant today dodging from a car. Yep, nose, hands, knees and everything smacked into the concrete while in the middle of a busy road...because I was so freakin´ afraid of getting run over. And all the while, I kept muttering the ¨f---¨¨ word like a crazy person, because it was so embarrassing.

Anyways...

I did not let this pride buster ruin my day, because I am back at the hostel now (with torn jeans and a scratched up nose). But I have, wait for it...American cable!!!!! This means it´s time for E! News! Giddy, giddy, giddy! :) :) :) Yáll get ready, when I come back next year, it´ll be like twice the giddiness, twice the excitement at everything!!!!!!!! I spent literally an hour at the grocery store today, because there were so many choices and everything was just so fabulous. Oh my, I still can´t stop smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment