Monday, April 19, 2010

Una realizacion




just wanted to give you all an update that after being in the hostel for three days, peace corps decided that i should live with a family. it made more sense b/c i was supposed to be on bedrest, yet i had to go out to find lunch/dinner. fortunately, my friend angelica had offered me her place earlier so i have been staying at her place for the last few days.

since then, my leg has gotten a lot better and i'm able to walk with hardly a limp. yesterday, i even took in an opera ballet at the national museum and the other night, i went out for sushi. it's like America all over again! the hardest part is probably riding on the bus. it is really hard to be disabled here. people do not like to give up their seats and the bus starts moving even as you're still trying to get on.

but, otherwise, i'm doing well. today i have my dr's appt to remove all 18 of my stitches. if everything looks well enough for the bus ride home, i might go back to my site tomorrow. it will be nice to get back to some normalcy and start work again. i am now on page 19 in writing my grant proposal. it is slow-going but it will be done one day.

i also posted some pics of what my fracture looked like and how my arm is now. the hospital wouldn't release my x-ray photos, but these pics are pretty good representations.

No comments:

Post a Comment