Monday, January 4, 2010

Un camino a las ruinas: Huaraz II

We took a hike to the ruins in Huaraz. I forgot to bring my camera with me on this day, so the highlights of this day were:

(1) Me hiking up to the ruins while really needing to pee so I kept trying to find an appropriate place to cop a squat (there were none unless I wanted an audience of farmers or children). So I finally ended up at a health post where the inside rooms were being remodeled and the construction workers told me to just do my thing in the corner of a room of what will later become the bathroom. I refused and left, especially after the workers were curious to know if I was going to be doing #1 or 2. Ugh…

(2) I am such a tourist sucker and bought 2 “magic” pottery. I was told that they were “magical” because, instead of pouring water in from the top, you can pour water from the bottom of the pottery (where there is a hole) and when you turn the pottery rightside turvy, it doesn’t spill and you can use it as you would a normal teapot. Outstanding invention!

(3) Oh yeah, the ruins were great, fascinating, and historic, too, but did I mention my “magic”pottery that I bought for only 10 soles each ($3.50)…

(4) Being that Huaraz is also a tourist town, I got a vegetarian burrito topped with chili for lunch. So good! My first time having tofu again in 7 months!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment