Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Es mi cumpleano!

Best Peruvian birthday ever! Ok, it's my first Peruvian birthday, but regardless. My host mother made me my favorite...liver with onions, beet salad, mango mousse, popcorn, and vegetable soup! To top it all off, birthday cake! (It was no Coldstone, but it's the thought that counts. Now thinking about it, I miss cookie dough ice cream, but anyways...) And I got calls, messages, texts from Peru and the US. I'm even more popular here than I am in the states. :)

The best moment was probably when midnight last night, while my host sister and host mother were still up from Christmas decorating and I was still up from making rice krispy treats (wrapped them up with aluminum foil and a bow and gave them as X-Mas treats), they began to sing to me in Spanish and English three different versions of the birthday song. One had a lot of high notes, but they braved it anyways.

So funny, I thought today would just pass by as another day, but truly, I had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment