Wednesday, December 2, 2009

La comida

So a friend and I went out to lunch today at a pretty nice restaurant in my site. This is rare since I usually save my money and eat with my host family.

This is what a typical "menu" looks like in Peru. Usually, the "menus" are the special of the day and comes with an appetizer, a beverage, your main entree, and sometimes even a dessert. They tend to be cheaper than ordering a la carte.
Today, we started out with chicken soup, fresh apple juice, and a main course consisting of rice, white beans, and a Peruvian beef stir-fry. The best part is that even though we only spent 4 soles ($1.33) for our menu, there are always cheaper places and you can even get your menu for 2 soles.

P.S. The green sauce that you see in the first photo is "aji," a condiment made from chili peppers that comes in all sorts of colors, textures, and spices. We have some type of aji and/or lime pretty much with every meal.

1 comment:

  1. What lovely photos! I love it! Hm - that reminds me I should also send some Halloween photos for you to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete