Monday, December 7, 2009

El Mercado en el Domingo

Just wanted to show you guys what I look forward to most on the weekends...the market! Every Sunday, I haggle with the little Peruvian ladies and bargain over my fruits and vegetables. Our market here is pretty big and goes up and down about two streets. Farmers from all over bring all sorts of produce, chicken, guinea pigs, foods to sell. The selection of fruits is amazing here and I've gotten to try a lot of stuff that I have never seen before. I've also become really good at saying "Mi yappa, por favor" in a really whiny voice so that they'll give me 11 mini avocados for 1 sole (.33 cents) instead of the usual 10. :)

They bring bulls up here to sell also. I always forget that when walking in the opposite direction and a bull is approaching, you should stop and avoid it at all cost or else risk certain death. My host mother has had to flatten me against walls over countless times just so that I won't have a bull horn stuck up in certain parts of my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment