Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Buena Noticia y Mala Noticia

It´s rainy season here again and I thought I had bed bugs again since my body is covered in red-hive looking bumps everywhere. Attractive, right? So then I once again fumigated my bed, washed all the sheets, and pajamas. It turns out that it´s not bed bugs, after all, but I have become allergic to the bugs here. One bites me and that part of my body swells up with a bunch of other red bumps. It´s horrible! I itch all over and I look like I have some type of serious disease!! Add salt to injury, it´s Carnival here again in Peru, which means water balloon and water guns everywhere. Gees, I wonder who will be an easy target. I drugged myself with Benadryl yesterday hoping that it would reduce the bumps, but no go. All it did was put me in a drugged-up stupor. I walked around like the red bumpy zombie that I was.

PS Spanish mistake of the day: ¨Preservativo¨ does not mean preservatives found in food. Oye. I´ve been walking around the last year and a half saying the wrong word and, finally, someone corrected me this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment