Monday, March 15, 2010

No tengo suerte

I have not had a lot of luck lately. In the last two weeks, I've seen a car accident happen right in front of me (luckily, no injuries); my cell phone, MP3, camera, and laptop battery have all died; and my sunglasses broke today. Even though most of these things are used and hand-me-downs, it's a little eerie that they all broke at the same time. And, unlike the states, I'm actually very careful with my things here. Case in point, I've only dropped my laptop here once!

I tried to get my camera fixed in the capital city, only to pay 15 soles, have them tell me that they couldn't fix it, and it feels half as light than when I brought it in. Hmm...

To add insult to injury, I just got back from Lima and went to Chinatown while I was there. One of the Chinese shop owners didn't even recognize that I was one of them. She started speaking to me in Spanish and thought I was Peruvian! Too bad there's no Chinese fortune teller here or else I would get my luck read.

No comments:

Post a Comment